Draeger Pac 8000 Single Gas Monitor
The Draeger Pac 8000 is a non-disposable, personal single-gas detection instrument that can be configured to detect one of twenty nine different hazardous gases, including exotic gases like Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), Ozone (O3), or Phosgene (COCl2).
- Strong performance for maximum safety
- You can count on the Draeger Pac 8000 to give you reliable, precise readings at any time even in extreme conditions. Our powerful sensors with a low t-90 response time ensure quick reactions. In addition to the standard alarms, you can define extra alarm thresholds for TLV (Threshold Limit Values) and STEL (Short Term Exposure Limit).
- Sensors for special gases
- The Draeger Pac 8000 performs especially well when detecting a variety of special gases. The Pac 8000 can be fitted with sensors for carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorine gas (Cl2), hydrogen cyanide (HCN), ammonia (NH3), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), phosphine (PH3) and organic vapors (OV or OV-A).
- Further demonstrating the capabilites of Draeger gas detectors is that the Draeger Pac 8000 performs especially well when detecting other gases as well. It can detect ozone (O3) from concentrations as low as 0.02 ppm and phosgene (COCl2) from 0.01 ppm. The Pac 8000 detects nitrogen dioxide (NO2) from concentrations as low as 0.04 ppm.
- Robust design – even for the toughest conditions
- The Pac 8000 can easily handle even extreme conditions. The sensors can tolerate air pressures between 700 and 1,300 mbar. A membrane filter protects the sensor from foreign matter such as dust and liquids. The shock-proof, chemical-resistant housing meets the requirements specified by the IP68 standard rating.
- Easy handling thanks to clear user guidance
- The D-Light indicates whether the functionality of the device has been tested and that it is ready to use. The housing is also designed with your safety in mind: each sensor variant of the Draeger Pac 8000 features clear, easily visible color coding, thereby minimizing the chance of mistakes.
- User-friendly display with all important information
- The large display clearly indicates the respective gas concentration. Other important information, such as the unit of concentration and battery capacity, is also displayed. The bright backlighting ensures that all values can be clearly read in the dark.
- 360° alarm with various functions
- If the Draeger Pac 8000 measures hazardous gas concentrations, it sets off an audible, visual and noticeable vibrating alarm. Two bright, flashing LEDs on the top and bottom of the device ensure that the alarm is easily visible from all sides. The acoustic signal reaches a volume of 90 dB. The display can show the peak concentration measured at any given moment. Earlier alarms registered can also be retrieved at a later time, even if acknowledged.
- Data logger and event logger for analyses and reports
- The Pac 8000 logs concentrations and events along with date and time. The data can be downloaded to a PC via an interface and processed further there.
- Economical operational costs
- All of the versions of the Draeger Pac 8000 are equipped with extremely durable Draeger sensors and a powerful battery.
- The Pac 8000 is protected against water, dust and other foreign bodies by a special membrane filter. When the filter becomes heavily soiled in use, you can quickly and easily replace it yourself. The device is then ready to use again in no time.
- Fast function test saves time and money
- Function tests and calibrations can be carried out especially efficiently in the Draeger X-dock calibration station. The automatic bump tests in the X-dock are a cost-efficient and convenient solution thanks to short test duration and the extremely low test gas consumption. The Pac 8000 is simply placed in the bump test station and automatically selects the correct setting.